Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Chest X-Ray Results

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Chest X-Ray Results

I just had a chest x-ray done because I had a molar pregnancy two weeks ago. When I got my results back, my report said "post granulomatous calcification". What does this mean? My nurse didn't know because she works in O.B. I'm suppose to hear back from my doctor tomorrow, but I would like to know what this might mean.
A post granulomatous calcification is simply a scar from an infection sometime in your life that has collected calcium over time.  The presence of calcium is a sign that the lesion is not cancer.  It is a common finding on routine chest x-rays.  This is of no significance to your health.
hello...I have just received my xray result..It says that a sharp linear density is noted in the right upper lung field. d lungs are otherwise clear.very mild rightward convexity of the thoracic spine is appreciated and may be positional. the impression is:apicolorotic and right lateral views suggested......what does it means?wilkl you please explain..I took a sputum exam and the result is negative. I took a drug for 6 months..And now, I have finished taking...plkease explain...thanks
hello...I have just received my xray result..It says that a sharp linear density is noted in the right upper lung field. d lungs are otherwise clear.very mild rightward convexity of the thoracic spine is appreciated and may be positional. the impression is:deferred.apicolordotic and right lateral views suggested......what does it means?will you please explain..I took a sputum exam and the result is negative. I took a drug for 6 months..And now, I have finished taking...plkease explain...thanks..........what is meant by sharp linear density?is that a scar from my lung?I have just been treated..
A related discussion, linear density left was started.