Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Chest discomfort, SOB, irregular heartbeat?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chest discomfort, SOB, irregular heartbeat?

Posted on the heart forum (not a question just responded to other posts.  I've been diagnosed with PVC/PAC beats but I have some pulmonary questions related to this. Since January I have suffered from chest tightness, throat pressure, numbness (all on left side), SOB and irregular heartbeat. After holter monitors, chest xray, PFT test, barrium swallow, chest ct scan, 6 minute stress test, several ekg's and bronchoscopy, doc's say I am fine other than PVC/PAC and anxiety (which I believe is secondary).

All this began after a course of Macrobid and Tequin in January. On top of the symptoms above, I had severe sharp pain on left side going from the neck to the wrist, couldnt wear my contacts for two weeks and got tinnitus (which I still have) as well. I was convinced I had a reaction to the medicines, but seven months later, docs say impossible for either of these meds to cause long term effects like this. I read Macrobid could cause pulmonary disorders and Tequin could cause irregular heartbeats. Docs say not on short term use (5 days) and would only happen while on the meds and would go away when stopping the meds.

My questions are this:

1. Are the doctors right regarding these meds?
2. Could something pulmonary cause irregular heartbeat or visa versa?
3. Could tinnitus be related to blod flow (which my ENT doc thinks which in turn he thinks is related to whatever is causing my hearbeat and SOB)
4. Is there ANY other tests to be done?
5. Could I possibly have pulmonary hypertension or toxicity which hasnt been diagnosed since i read these could cause palps?