Respiratory Disorders Community
Chest pain in middle of chest under breast bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I get a lot of trapped gas in the middle of chest under my breast bone. To relieve it I  use my three major fingers from the index to the one before my pinky .I push down and keep pushing all the way down and out until I feel all the gas go away following down  through into my stomach then I just gas it out.Note I have to keep doing this a few times to relieve it all. Is there a natural remedy with no chemicals that can relieve it other than say like Gas X ?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Please don't do that, you could be letting more gas in, in the process of letting it out. Now, you follow some good lifestyle measures for the bloating and gas to decrease. Eat food rich in plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid spicy and fatty food, avoid smoking and eliminate alcohol. Do not consume caffeinated beverages. Practice good relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. Exercise regularly. Go for long relaxed walks. Maintain a food diary and try to identify those foods which are likely to produce bloating and avoid them. If these measures don't help consult your primary care physician.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.