Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Child with asthma

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Child with asthma

My son is 9 years old and has severe asthma and allergies.Just had sinus surgery in August and is still sick!  He has been to his doctor 3 times in a week and I am told that "children with asthma cough"  but I know this is a different cough and I really think something else is going on.  He is taking his nebs every 2 hours at night and wheezing constantly. There is also a mold probelm in his school that I just learned about.  Sould I be concerned?  At what point should I bypass his doctor and visit the ER?  His cough is not constant like that of a cold but comes in spells and sounds very wet.
It sounds like your son's asthma is not in control.  He probably needs to see a pediatric pulmonologist or a pediatric allergist to get control of the current problem and establish a way to keep him there.  There could be a continuation of the chronic sinus problem, despite the surgery.  This is not so uncommon.  I would speak to your son
My son had also a severe asthma and was always sick; until his doctors gave him SINGULAIR 10MG and believe me that works as a charm. My son is now 19 and seems he has gotten over it but still his doctor makes sure my son gets his flu shot every year. My friend's child was also going through the same thing.  She kept taking her 9 year old boy to the doctor but nothing helped. He was missing a lot of school. I suggested she should ask the doctor to prescibe him SINGULAIR 10MG and she did now he