Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Child with asthma
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Child with asthma

My son is 9 years old and has severe asthma and allergies.Just had sinus surgery in August and is still sick!  He has been to his doctor 3 times in a week and I am told that "children with asthma cough"  but I know this is a different cough and I really think something else is going on.  He is taking his nebs every 2 hours at night and wheezing constantly. There is also a mold probelm in his school that I just learned about.  Sould I be concerned?  At what point should I bypass his doctor and visit the ER?  His cough is not constant like that of a cold but comes in spells and sounds very wet.
Related Discussions
251132_tn?1198082422
It sounds like your son's asthma is not in control.  He probably needs to see a pediatric pulmonologist or a pediatric allergist to get control of the current problem and establish a way to keep him there.  There could be a continuation of the chronic sinus problem, despite the surgery.  This is not so uncommon.  I would speak to your son
2 Comments
Blank
My son had also a severe asthma and was always sick; until his doctors gave him SINGULAIR 10MG and believe me that works as a charm. My son is now 19 and seems he has gotten over it but still his doctor makes sure my son gets his flu shot every year. My friend's child was also going through the same thing.  She kept taking her 9 year old boy to the doctor but nothing helped. He was missing a lot of school. I suggested she should ask the doctor to prescibe him SINGULAIR 10MG and she did now he
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker