Respiratory Disorders Community
Chronic Cough, Brown Phlegm, Night Sweats, Oppressive Chest Pain please...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Chronic Cough, Brown Phlegm, Night Sweats, Oppressive Chest Pain please help

I am starting the get very scared about my symptoms and my doctors don't seem to find out what's wrong. I have been having a mild cough for two months, my nose is mildly congestioned and the cough is not that bad its mostly during the morning or evening but sometimes I cough withe plhegm with brown spots or brown things that look like veins or something.  I have had night sweats for weeks repeatably but no day fever. I have been tested for tuberculosis and I dont have it, I've done a chest XRay and it was clear.  I occasionally have wheezing but it spots after I cough the brown phlegm things...but whats freaking me out now is the chest pain..it is an oppressive chest pain it seems someone is putting pressure on my thorax, if i touch along my breast bone, it hurts..it gets better when I am laying down or sitting down and it has been on for the past 3 days and does not go away...it is always there since I wake up until I sleep, all day long that oppressive chest pain , sometimes I feel stings in the right side of my thorax and when I inhale it hurts a little and sometimes I feel dizzy. Can i have lung cancer or something serious?  Please help.