Respiratory Disorders Community
Chronic Hyperventalation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic Hyperventalation

I was reading a few messages that were posted on Hyperventilation and was wondering if any of you knew how you would be tested for this. I have been having breathing problems since Feb. and have had a tone of blood work done, ekg, eco-gram, ct scan, x-rays the whole 9 yards and they found nothing!! I would thing my co2 levels would be off but there always at 99-100%. All the doctors keep saying its anxitey. But the breathing is the only symtom I have. I do at times get a little lightheaded not too often, I also at times have heart palpatations too. But the cardiolodist puts that off to being prego. Thats another thing the doctors are saying its the preganacy (pregnancy). But all this started 2 weeks before I got pregant. I was doing ok for the most part but as i get closer to delivery im getting scared because i am having an epidural and being that no one knows whats wrong w/ me im scared i might have some kind of reaction (i have had epidurals with my other 2 and no problems). Any suggestions or input would be great...thanks :)