Chronic Hyperventalation
I was reading a few messages that were posted on Hyperventilation and was wondering if any of you knew how you would be tested for this. I have been having breathing problems since Feb. and have had a tone of blood work done, ekg, eco-gram, ct scan, x-rays the whole 9 yards and they found nothing!! I would thing my co2 levels would be off but there always at 99-100%. All the doctors keep saying its anxitey. But the breathing is the only symtom I have. I do at times get a little lightheaded not too often, I also at times have heart palpatations too. But the cardiolodist puts that off to being prego. Thats another thing the doctors are saying its the preganacy. But all this started 2 weeks before I got pregant. I was doing ok for the most part but as i get closer to delivery im getting scared because i am having an epidural and being that no one knows whats wrong w/ me im scared i might have some kind of reaction (i have had epidurals with my other 2 and no problems). Any suggestions or input would be great...thanks :)
If you hyperventilate you blow off carbon dioxide. This changes the PH of the blood and can induce palpitations. I would trust your physicians in their judgement. It appears they have done a thorough conscientious work-up. An epidural is a relatively safe procedure and your breathing irregularities should have no effect on a normal delivery and a happy baby. I don't know why you have been hyperventilating, but anxiety seems to be a good guess.