Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Clear Mucus /Asthma Attacks /Deviated Septum
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Clear Mucus /Asthma Attacks /Deviated Septum

Hello,
Male
For about 2 years in the morning I noticed a drip down the back of my throat and I would almost have to gag to get it out, during the day I would have a small amount of clear mucus that I would spit up. every now and then i would have  dizzy spells with my eyes. Wheezing This first began when I was moving into my new house dec 2004, I had has some wheezing at times during the winter months since 2001. I caught a flu like cold and was just getting over it, I had to do some painting in the house to get it finished and went outside several times to clean tools it was cold and i started to wheez very bad this was something I have never experienced befor! This went on through Jan 2005.
I went to the doctor had chest xrays, pulmonary function test and blood test. Xrays good- PF test good -Blood test came back showing high colesterol and mild increase inplatelets 'Red blood cells' 4/11/05 he tested blood again a week later and the showed normal. That kinda scared me but he said it could be from the meds I had taken for the flu. My blood pressure had been tested several times during these months always normal but the last 2 times I went to the doctor it was 140/100 so he started me on 20 mg benicar that makes me feel crappy with very mild head aches but BP is low. I asked the doctor to do a sinus CT and he found the Deviated Septum with mild to moderate blockage right side.
Doctor says i have alergies (allergies) these attacks i have had in the last 2 weeks come on very sudden with a cough and then I cant breath i have to use abuteral to open airways what could this be