Clicking sound in throat while I sleep
HI,

My husband has been complaining that I make a clicking sound in my throat while I sleep- almost popping like. I don't hear it nor am I bothered by it, I sleep through it. Maybe its something that happens when I'm in a deep sleep. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what would be going on and how I stop this????
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The sound can actually be a snore. This is often due to obstructive sleep apnea. You need to consult a sleep specialist regarding this.
The other possibility is that it is a sound of regurgitation of food. The symptoms could be exacerbation of the GERD or gastric reflux.  It could also be hiatal hernia. Treatment is a combination of drugs to reduce the acid and lifestyle changes. You will need to take a combination of medications (under medical supervision) like a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole, lansoprazole or pantoprazole empty stomach in the morning and an antacid gel after meals for complete relief. Possibility of H pylori infection too should be looked into by a carbon urea breath test and a combination antibiotic tried. Many a times a persisting H pylori infection can be the cause behind acidity not responding to treatment.
Life style changes that will help include: Avoid heavy meals and eat frequent small meals. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, smoking, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Avoid lying down for least 2 hours after food. Maybe these tips will help you.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!