Clogged bronchial tubes
I have had this thick, hard to move mucus in my bronchial tubes and sinuses for years now. At its worst it plugs up my breathing airways and causes anxiety over fear of suffocation. Many things seem to affect it such as certain foods, like dairy and also dust aggravates and pollen. I have found a few things that alleviate my symptoms but I need to do these things daily or symptoms return. Because I do not have much confidence in prescribed meds and their side effects, I found some things on my own that work, really work.  The first one is apple cider vinegar. It thins out thew mucus and I can cough it up. The second one and my favorite because it clears up my head as well is cayenne pepper in warm water. I mix it with a tblsp. of lemon juice and sometimes honey. The 3rd and also equally effective is a tsp. of chopped garlic a day. The downside being garlic odor but the health benefits far out weigh the aroma and I like being able to breathe. I also take a supplement, vitamin A & D for my immune system which became weakened through anxiety disorder. I carry my emergency bottle of water, cayenne pepper  and lemon juice with me for emergency attacks and it works for me. It loosens up the thick mucus so I can cough it up and breathe. I rarely get sick anymore with colds or flu and if I do I just up the garlic and the virus dies. Hope this helps some of you find relief.

This discussion is related to Excessive Mucus, Shortness of Breath.