Respiratory Disorders Community
Cloudy lungs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Cloudy lungs

I had a lumpectomy last year, had chemo and radiation. One year later I had a PET scan done and was told I had an infection in my right, left and lower lung. Although I was feeling fine, I was give an antibiotic and sent to a pulmonary specialist who ran some tests. A bronchoscopy was done where fluid was extracted & analyzed. Nothing definitive and was told to wait a month and do X-Ray. A month later the X-Ray showed that it was clearing up. Another month goes by and another X-Ray was done and now I have cloudy lungs. In the meantime I feel fine, no coughing, nothing. I was give anbiotic & steroid but got a reaction after a couple of days and was told to stop taking them. Now Im schefuled for a CAT scan and & X-Ray before seeing the pulmonary specialist again. My question is, is this too many X-rays and what is going on here?