Respiratory Disorders Community
Cloudy x-ray

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Cloudy x-ray

I had acute pneumonia in March of this year in the right lung.  The x-ray and cat scans were so cloudy you could hardly tell it was a lung.  At that time the dr. said he thought he saw a shadow in the upper lobe.  It is now July and I had another cat scan and the lung is not much improved.  I had a bronchoscopy (sp) done a few weeks ago where biopsies were taken and everything came back negative.  The dr. has now given me two options, one to go back and have them numb the area and go in with a needle and take another biopsy, the other is to go under the knife and have the surgeon make a small incesion and remove a larger piece directly from the area that is shady.  I was diagnosed with COPD about 4 years ago and was told at that time on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst, I was already at an 8.  Since this last test came back negative, do you have any suggestions as to what the shadow could mean and should I undergo this procedure at this point?  The dr. said the area has changed, not in size, but something about distance?? and feels there is something going on there but no idea as to what.  Would really appreciate another opinion.