Respiratory Disorders Community
Cold right after pneumonia... risk of relapse???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Hi, I am a 22 year old woman, I don`t smoke, I was treated with levaquin for community acquired pneumonia for a little more than a month (horrible side effects), I was in the hospital 3 times,for 5 days in two of them (the second one was a relapse) and only ER the third one. What is unnusual for me is that the last hospital diagnosed me acute bronchitis and the other ones pneumonia,(the gap between the 2nd and the third hospital was 2 weeks, is this logical???). After that I was seeing the doctor regularly because wanted to make more blood tests, he ruled out lupus and those weird illnesses that you dont recognize easily,I was feeling better and have my next follow up appoinment in 2 months for an xray. with all this said: I realized I had a COLD yesterday, all symptoms but fever.WHAT SYMPTOMS SHOULD I LOOK FOR that indicate that this cold could turn into VIRAL PNEUMONIA??? since my lungs and immune system are weakenned.... right now i have a lot of phlem, i have body ( on the back also) and head aches, nasal congestion and I snezze a lot, ocassionaly my chest hurts on the sides or in the middle, but before the cold it was there and getting better )  before the cold I felt a way better, only head aches, phlem, and occasionally a little bit of chest pain, I`ve never coughed nor had fever since I initially had pneumonia. the only medicine that Im taking is mucinex (guaifenesin) to thin out the phlem. I feel like Im going backwards, first pneumonia, acute bronchitis and now a cold... please give me some advice, also my forehead hurts and im scared it could be sinus..
I would just make sure that you get it taken care of right away don't let the symptoms go for any length of time without being treated to be honest i would go back to the doctor for maybe a shot of antibiotics if that's what the doctor prescribes that is pneumonia is horrible i would be scared of getting it again
went back to the doctor and then to ER, My ribcage was inflammated because of all the sneezzing of the cold and hurt for about a week along with my head and neck, x-rays again were done and everything was clear only a bout that the doctor told me it was surely scarring as I was sick for about a month, I feel better now, no need of more antibiotics, the only thing left is an allergy that makes my throat irritated in the mornings and itchi eyes an uncomfortable feeling of ears with the doctor prescribed me with claritin (loratadine), I eat lots of vegetables and drink a lot of water to keep expulsating phlem. I am going to start taking centrum multivitamins and go back to work, going back with the doctor in a month to follow up and get vaccinated for streptococus and pneumococo later on. Im glad this is finally over.