Respiratory Disorders Community
Constanly Cough

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Constanly Cough

I am so glad to find so many people with the same symptoms, eventhough not one knows how to treat our symptoms.  6 month ago I felt having a respiratory infections, however with all th illness I have I did not pay to much attention, after 3 months ago I start having this weird cough and chocking sansention.  I went to the doctors and they give me the same things, antibiotic, inheler, tylenol 3 w/codeine for pain etc., non of this medication seems to alleviate my chronic pain.  during this 3 month I learned how to cough controling the deep breath, since this is the one cousing the cough, is not easy doing this but you have to tried.  Also, covering your nose with your hand holding the breathing also help.

This discussion is related to Constant throat clearing and cough.
Thank the good Lord I found this site.  I've been dealing with a lot of cancer in my family.  My twin just died of breast cancer and my husband has lung cancer.

I've coughed (smokers cough) for years, but in April the cough changed..drastically.  Sometimes a LOT of mucus, sometimes a dry wheezy cough.  Throat becomes sore because of the cough.  Glands hurt on almost a daily basis because of cough.  Get headaches (slight) because of cough.  I'm pretty sure of all of this because if I have a day where I'm not coughing much I don't get the headaches, sore glands or throat, well, not as bad anyway.

My husband's radiologist heard me coughing and immediately called for a CT scan, she said she did NOT like the sounds of it.  She even said she was scheduling a biopsy for the following Wednesday, that's how sure she was and believe me after many cancer doctors for DH, she's the best.

The CT showed clear and she said she wanted me to get an appointment with an ENT ASAP!  So I have one, but not till the end of June.  I have to say, until I came here I was convinced I must have a head and neck cancer of some kind.

But now, after reading all these posts and so closely relating, I'm so relieved.  Whatever y'all have, I believe I've got the same.

I cough for about an hour in the mornings, wheezy cough, not productive.  Then I cough throughout the day.  I cough at night constantly, productive cough, lots of mucus.  The cough has gotten to where talking can be difficult, I cough with almost every sentence.  

So, now it's on to more research, but this group is the beginning, and I'm so grateful for it.  I no longer feel "it MUST be cancer".  Thanks ever so much!!!!!!