Respiratory Disorders Community
Constant Coughing and Mucus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Constant Coughing and Mucus

Has anyone tried using a netipot to relieve these symptoms? I have had the same problem for exactly a year now and it's really become unbearable. I feel a constant tightness in my throat and every time I swallow, I have coughing fits.Throughout the day I will have to clear my throat and i always have clear mucus to clear. It's made it to the point where I don't looking forward to meals anymore b/c I know what to expect. I'm a big foodie and eating out in public is not enjoyable at this point.

I have gone for a Barium swallow x-ray to test for GERD and acid reflux- results came back fine. I have gone to an ENT doctor and they said that I have a deviated septum and a slightly irritated nose, but that's nothing new in the past year.

I do have hay-fever and the symptoms seem to come and go. I've noticed that they are worsened when I'm anxious and tend to be better when in low humidity. Does anyone have any tips? I just really want to find a a problem and fix it so that I can go back to enjoying my meals and my way of life. I'm a 27 year old female in the US. Thank you!

This discussion is related to Excessive coughing/mucus after eating.
I have these same symptoms. I first got these symptoms 5 years ago, they lasted three months then went away. I got them again last year, I went to the doctor after three months, i waited to see if the coughing went away on it's own again, she told me I had bronchitis and prescribed a steroid. The coughing went away. I have it again, went to the doctor and they told me I did not have bronchitis after looking at chest xrays and it is going on 4 months with no relief. I cough no matter what I eat or drink to the point where my sides and head start to ache.
I know the feeling the exact same thing has happened to me and now it is happening again. I am over it.
Now testing for other things and X-ray. Fingers crossed it shows something