Respiratory Disorders Community
Constant feeling of lump in throat blocked nose, Flem(phlegm) in throat...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Constant feeling of lump in throat blocked nose, Flem(phlegm) in throat whats wrong with me?

Hi for the past 6 months or so i have been having this problem. It started after being sick with Flu and has not gone away since. I always have a feeling of a lump in the left side of my throat which feels difficult to swallow, but food and drink go down with no problems. then every 2 weeks or less i get a blocked nose and generally feel crappy like i have a flu coming but it never comes. Then i have flem (phlegm) in my throat with this nose blockage and sore throat. I have had my tonsils removed recently and it hasn't helped much he said they were a mess with puss etc but i still feel same. I am a male 26y/o. Its affecting my life becuase i can't be active much especially outdoors because the air dries up the back of my throat and it feels like i can't breathe or swallow the heating also dries it up.

I have been told i have a deviated septum and that sleeping with my mouth open maybe causing some of the problems. Do i have chronic sinusitis? Please someone help me out, my life has been on hold since i have had this. I have had endoscope down my throat and he said it looked fine. i'm sure they think i am a hypocondriac. he has offered me a rhinoplasty but will that be enough to stop the problems? the thick flem (phlegm) in the throat and the blocked nose combined is like suffocation and utterly miserable. the lump in the throat feels slightly relieved by burping. Help appreciated
I have the same exact problem with a lump in my throat and excessive mucus in my throat for 6 months also.  I have been to doctor after doctor and had every test done.  Today I went to a 3rd  ENT, and he put a camera in my nose down into my throat and actually saw the abundance of mucus along with swelling.  All the other doctors told me it was GERD and it was just a sensation.  I knew I wasn't nuts.  Anyway, he is treating me for a fungal infection from all the antibiotics and prednisone that I was previously on for months.  He also gave me medicine for GERD.  I'm not sure this will work since they have tried 4 different reflux medications which I had allergic reactions to.

I am barely able to function anymore so I hope this works.  If you find out anything more on what it could be let me know.
I feel as if something is stuck in my throat.  However, I do not have any problems swallowing.  I get heavy head and headaches, blocked nose, my wife say's that I snore a lot and very loudly. I am always low in energy and rather grumpy with feeling ill all the time.
The doctor never takes me seriously and always just recommends parcetomol. I have had my sinus drained through operation about 4 years ago, but still no relief.  I have had ENT checks who suggested I had acidity, which I disagree with. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to do there is no pain killer, chinese medicine, herbal medicine, homepathic medicine I haven't tried.  What Shall I do????????????  My wife is tired of hearing me complaining that I don't feel well.  This is upsetting our whole life, there is simply no energy and excitement to my health.
HI there, I am new to this forum.

I also have been suffering with the feeling of a lump in my throat for 9 months now. I was diagnosed  by endoscopy 4 weeks ago of having aciditi. Am on omerparazole for 2 months solid, but prior to that I was taking them for 1 year off and on. My Doctor suggested a bland diet, no spices or fry ups. I have been trying this but I do still have the roast dinner. I have good and bad days with my throat. I know there is no lump there as I can eat and drink with no problem.
Hope there is some improvement with you, if so please let me know.
Twinkle21

I have got a blocked nose with phlegm (flem (phlegm)) coming out of my nose and throat. This is really irritating. Anyone Help ?
Please help! I have just recovered from a flu and cough but now, I have this feeling of a lump in my throat and behind the nose? I cannot explain this feeling. It's like I have to suck the air from my throat to clear it out and also blow my nose. Coughing and clearing my throat only causes more mucus in my throat and also I have been producing thick saliva everytime I try to clear my throat! I find it hard to breathe! I have to press my neck to clear the mucus and when I press my neck and breathe, I can hear the mucus vibrating in there! Please help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been feeling a lump too but not all the time - sometimes I can dislodge enough mucus to feel a bit better but my nose is either very dry and sore or blocked and running and I have a cough. I have so far had this for over 4 months since i got flu. I had an MRI for unrelated tinnitus and they told me I have a cyst behind my sinuses. Perhaps this is causing my nose/throat infection? I read xylitol helps so will try that. I've been given antibiotic nose cream to try too.
hi i have been haveing the same problem were it started with tonsilites and now i have problems with dry throat blocked nose n a couth and feels like a lump at the side of my right tonsil which often feels like it hurts wen i swallow i sometimes feel scared to eat i couth alot of plem up sum 1 please help.