Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Constant mucus drainage leads to upset stomach/loss of appetite?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Every morning I wake up feeling somewhat hungry, but also fairly nauseous.  I feel like I have mucus constantly draining down the back of my throat.  Usually it's very thick in the morning, which are the times when I feel the worst.  It seems like once I get up and moving and it begins to loosen up a bit, the symptoms aren't as bad.  The symptoms come back in the evening when I get home.  Sometimes I'll lose my appetite very quickly, and feel thick mucus running down the back of my throat.

This has been an issue for years now.  I've been to the doctor several times to have it checked.  Often, he'll send me back with something that will clear up the mucus or give me an allergy shot.  Nothing seems to really help it or the nausea.
This is not an uncommon problem.  There are medications that need to be taken on a regular basis that can reduce or eliminate the mucus and also to thin it.  Another thought is to get a CT of the sinuses to be sure that there is not a chronic low grade infection causing these daily symptoms.  I would speak to your physician about both of these suggestions.
1 Comment
A related discussion, Mucous in soft palate was started.
A related discussion, Constant drainage & spitting. was started.
A related discussion, sinus drainage was started.