Respiratory Disorders Community
Constant phlegm in lungs
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Constant phlegm in lungs

hello

im a 25 year old Male and got sick with the flue and accute bronchitis around March 10th 2008. since then i have had a constant mucus build up. i have to clear my throat sometimes 3 times per minute [when its bad]. also accompanyed by a cough [though not that bad] and asthma like symptoms [wheezing, shortness of breath]. i have had these constantly  for over 2 months, the symptoms are always present. some days i feel like im getting better than fall right back into a more sever state.

ive seen 2 doctors since my hospital visit in march. one thought it my be a Cough Variant asthma, the other said its most likely still bronchitis, and explained that it can last much longer than the 7 - 21 days it normally runs.

im not a smoker [although my father is a heavy smoker and been subject to lots of second hand smoke] and im not asthmatic, and do not have a history of medical illness. ive had a chest x-ray done, it turned up good. ive taken many drugs including 2 different antibiotics [which didnt work] advair, mucinnex DM, Benzonatate [aka pearl drops] a perscription strength cough syrup and a rescue inhaler. the advair does seem to help a little bit, but not by alot.

the constant chest discomfort and above symptoms have really hampered my lifestyle and nightly rest. i sapose im writing here to find out what exactly i have for a bit of closure. and if anyone has had a simmular experience with a possible cure?