Respiratory Disorders Community
Continuing Hoarseness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Continuing Hoarseness

I had Bronchitis for the first time in my life (66 years) about 2 months ago.  Was put on meds and was better in about 10 days.  While the Bronchitis was active, I had a very bad cough, and I coughed most of the time.  After I was better I continued to have a hacking cough for about 3 more weeks.  During the time I was sick I was hoarse most of the time.  After about 4 weeks, I was totally recovered except for the fact that I get hoarse very easily.  It's usually worse at night, but sometime it's during the day.  Is it possible that I coughed so much that I damaged my vocal cords.  Would there be anything wrong with a wait and see attitude or is it something that needs to be checked out soon?  Thanks for any advice on this subject.  Thanks,  suru