Aa
A
A
Close
669299 tn?1225595820
Copious mucus production
I have had serious problems with large amounts of mucous production several times a year for many years. It is worsening as I get older. Sometimes foods appears to set it off, weather, and god knows what. I hate to whine about this but it gets so bad that I literaly have vomited on several occasions trying to cough it up. I feel as though I am going to drown in it literally!  Beleive me suffocation would not be a pleasant way to go. I am not being a drama queen I promise. I am an RN and have done my own research as well as seen several EENT"s without finding a med that I have been given that helps to much of a degree. Most of the time the MD's are only prescribing OTC meds.Even I as a prfessional have not been able to convice them of the seriousness of this condition. Can you suggest a strong prescription Rx as well as some pointers on helping to get this diagnosed.? I am exhausted! P.S. I am not a smoker.

This discussion is related to Eating food causes excess mucus.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
my daughter has just had a bout. It appears to be an allergic reaction. I am yet to find if a herpes kiss virus is behind it. All the best.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I too am an RN though now retired. I have lympedema in my lower legs , All of a sudden I get a copious amounts of clear sputum ropy nasal discharge and it gags me to the point I sometimes vomit , Very unpleasant . It will go away after taking 50mg of benadryl  but I'm not entirely sure that is what helps, I also take LA Mucinex to help thing secretions
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources