Respiratory Disorders Community
Cough From hell...Help, It wont go away :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

My lord,Where do I start My fianc'e and I ( me 27 female & him 34 male) have been coughing persistantly since June 28 2009. I just thought, small case of Bronchitis. Never had it before but my oldest sister has had it almost every year. This the only time in my life (these past 3 months) that i wished to be put out of my misery. Mornigs are the most horrific part of my day. I wake up and begin coughing.  I cough up massive amounts of phlem or mucus. I absolutley cannot afford to go to the doctor. No longer have health insurance. Just moved to a state in which I know nothing about. Have no idea where clinics are anyway. Afraid to go to the ER. Always have been. And im not even sure what I expect to get from posting this. I just happened to stumble across this site and instantly become aware of all the sufferers. So shocked at the number of people essentially going through the same damn thing... Im getting more and more scared. When I inhale, The wheezing is so loud. Sometimes embarrasing because folks across the room can hear it. I do smoke .Nasty habit I know. Wish I had the strength I need to quit.  My fiance and I have the exact same thing (whatever it is). We have 4 kids, and none of them have coughed even once in the last 3 months while we are hacking our guts up. I vomit from hacking so much, he doesnt though. We both get chills, our jaws have even became sore. Our ears ache at time & feel either stopped up or leaky, our noses has drained without warning at times.  The back of our necks become stiff and sore, I have had big knots on my neck. so sore. Sometimes my head feels bigger than my entire body. I know we need to be checked. And eventually we'll break down and get our butts to the ER where its a sure thing that we'll see the doctor, but without having the good insurance we use to have, we fear we wont be treated correctly for that reason. That the doctors will just look down our throats and send us home mis-diagnosed. We had to let our health insurance go because rates skyrocketed and im am now laid off... he barely has anywork. Its very hard right now to take care of 4 school aged kids and try to keep ourselves alive,,, This is a nightmare and wouldnt mind being hit by a bus this very moment.

This discussion is related to Constant Prolonged Cough - 4 Months now.
Tags: cough, GO AWAY, months, help, scared