Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Cough for more than a year

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Cough for more than a year
I have had a cough for more than a year - it is nonproductive andI have been perscribed - several rounds of meds - including zpac - predizone (one short term and one long term regiment) After taking the meds - i get a little better - but never over it - I once had a sever pain ( that I thought was a heart attack - it lasted for about 10-15 minuted _ I was sheet white - it started in the middle of my chest -through my back and all the way done to my tail bone - my shoulder locked forward and I was drenched in sweat) and my dr sent me to a cardiologist - they said that I have an "slightly" enlarged heart - but that my heart is fine.   Since that time I have had anoter round of predisone (1 month) - I have been prescribed singular - nexium.  It seems as soon as I finished the predizone - it came back.  After about 5 days on the predisone - the cough was almost non existant.  I cough so hard that I gag and urinate.  The cough starts and lasts about 2-5 min - - it is really awful - it occurs all durint the day and night - I can't sleep well or do anything else for that matter.  Ansy help is appreciated.
My Dr. says that I have asthma - but is now sending me to a pulmanary dr.  - what should I expect from this and is this going in the right direction?
It is good that your doctor is sending you to a pulmonologist.  This specialist will be able to determine if you have asthma or some other lung problem and the best treatment.

In a person who has a normal chest x-ray and who doesn
I have never smoked
I used to clear my throat all the time, but since I put an ionizing air purifier in my home that covers the whole house; I've totally stopped.  I found one that cleans the air of 99.9% of all e.coli, salmonella, staph, and candida as well as household odors, pet dander, smoke, and many contaminants.  Have you ever tried such a machine?
I also have this chronic cough albeit its not as extreme. The doctors all say i'm fine but I think theres something going on. I suppose I will try to purchase an Air purifier but any suggestions on which ones are good?
I also have had this chronic choughing problem. I've had mine since the first of January. I've had the z-pack twice, the predizone,singular, and I'm taking nexium now, one in the morning and one at supper. It seems to help. It takes awhile, but I can sleep at night now. And I cough alot when I first get up in the morning, and then only cough once and awhile through the day, and I'm sleeping at night now. I never had any tests done, I should, but if this works I will stick to this treatment for awhile.
I also had a chronic cough that started in November. It was an uncontrollable cough that lasted all day long, for a few months. Was also on various medicines including the Z pac (renewed twice) as well as others. So bad, pulled mucles in my chest. On the fourth visit the doctor found tiny little hairs deep in my ear (from a previous haircut). He flushed my ear and the cough stopped almost instantly!
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker