Respiratory Disorders Community
Coughing Every Day For Over 1 Month
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coughing Every Day For Over 1 Month

I have been coughing for over a month and i can't seem to get rid of it.  It started a week before i went on a cruise in the middle of June.  It got worse on the cruise but then a little better by the end of it.  Now a month later it is still the same as the last days of the cruise.  The coughing does produce phlem, sometimes yellow in color, but mostly white/clear.  The coughing does not hurt, it is just bothersome.  It does not get worse when i lay down and i haven't been waken up by it.  My breathing is normal and not affected by the cough.  It just feels like there is something there i need to cough up, but only phlem is produced.  I am 20 years old and a non smoker.  Let me know what it could be and if I should get it checked out.  Thanks very much for your help!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sounds like it could possibly be due to allergies.

My son who is 6 was diagnosed with pneumonitis....similiar to pneumonia.  He was coughing a lot with fever for about a week.

I'm always concerned with any kind of cough...I would get it checked out by the doctor since it's lasted so long.
:)    
Blank
The coughing that i have had is not severe and i have not noticed any other symptoms.  I feel fine, but just have a bothersome cough.  Allergies could be a possibility, and it makes sense that it started in the summer.  Thanks for your input!
Blank
anytime.  
It doesn't hurt to call the doctor or allergist and get checked out.
Good Luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank