Aa
A
A
Close
Coughing Every Day For Over 1 Month
I have been coughing for over a month and i can't seem to get rid of it.  It started a week before i went on a cruise in the middle of June.  It got worse on the cruise but then a little better by the end of it.  Now a month later it is still the same as the last days of the cruise.  The coughing does produce phlem, sometimes yellow in color, but mostly white/clear.  The coughing does not hurt, it is just bothersome.  It does not get worse when i lay down and i haven't been waken up by it.  My breathing is normal and not affected by the cough.  It just feels like there is something there i need to cough up, but only phlem is produced.  I am 20 years old and a non smoker.  Let me know what it could be and if I should get it checked out.  Thanks very much for your help!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Sounds like it could possibly be due to allergies.

My son who is 6 was diagnosed with pneumonitis....similiar to pneumonia.  He was coughing a lot with fever for about a week.

I'm always concerned with any kind of cough...I would get it checked out by the doctor since it's lasted so long.
:)    
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
The coughing that i have had is not severe and i have not noticed any other symptoms.  I feel fine, but just have a bothersome cough.  Allergies could be a possibility, and it makes sense that it started in the summer.  Thanks for your input!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
anytime.  
It doesn't hurt to call the doctor or allergist and get checked out.
Good Luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources