Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Coughing Fits With Vomiting
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Coughing Fits With Vomiting

For about six weeks I have had these sporadic coughing spasms everyday that take my breath away and usually end in me vomiting multiple times and my forehead covered in sweat. I start coughing so hard that I cannot breathe and panic.  I'm not sure if this correlates to the vomiting.  I have never had allergies before, nor been asthmatic. I don't smoke.  Although I throw up almost all my food, I have noticed a weight gain. I started juicing.  This has not helped curb my daily puking schedule thanks to the coughing.  Weirdly enough, I am still gaining weight.  I did not have a cold or flu in the past six months.  The coughs just started up on their own. I hope someone can come up with some answer for my peace of mind.  My back aches constantly from the violent coughing and I have often thought a rib was broken it hurt so bad. Any ideas would be appreciated.
242587_tn?1355427710
A cough such as that you have experienced could be on the basis of infectious disease or non-infectious disease of your lungs or throat.  Sometimes also caused by acid reflux with regurgitation of food or liquid into your windpipe.  Another possibility would be pertussis (whooping cough) and that is a cough that can last 3 months or longer.

Your concern is warranted and I strongly suggest that you see your doctor soon and, unless the cause of your cough is readily apparent, you should have a Chest X-ray.

Good luck
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker