Respiratory Disorders Community
Coughing and sweating at night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Coughing and sweating at night

Can someone please help? Since october 2007 I have been sweating and coughing during the night its awful because I can never get a good nights sleep. I feel fine during the day,  just tierd and my chest feel excusted after all the coughing. The sweating is also very embarrasing as I need to get changed in the middle of the night as I can never keep warm. I have been the doctors and recently had a chest xray  which has come back fine. Awaiting more blood tests and will get results tommorow but does anyone have any ideas what it could be because I don't look forward to going to sleep anymore!!! And also anything I could do before I go to sleep tonight to make this any better? Am never in a good mood anymore and i used to be happy, chirpy person full of life!!!! Help!
Tags: night, Chest, help, please help
I really feel for you..anytime I am in the throes of an infection (which is frequent these days), I go through the same thing as you do. I will sweat bad enough to change all of my bedding at times. I also cough alot too (my lungs are the culprit of my infections). I try to get sleep by taking low doses of Benedryl...I am not a doctor so please take what I say with a grain of salt. Not sleeping well can certainly affect moods...I am currently having difficulty sleeping but for different reasons and have found myself to be more short with people and less bubbly as well. I hope that the tests reveal the source of your sweats and cough. By any chance, did the doctors do a culture on your sputum, specifically looking for fungal sources or the Mycobacterium species? Just something for them to consider...
Sunny