Respiratory Disorders Community
Coughing and then hard to breathe
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coughing and then hard to breathe

I have similar issues.  They usually occur about 30 minutes after I get out of bed or after eating something that increases saliva production like a very sugary treat.  I will cough until I feel like I will throw up , eyes water and then cannot breathe, cannot talk, become shaky, headache.  I take cough medicine and that mostly stops it.  I have no mucous or post nasal drip.  But at times I do have trouble swallowing even plain water and then it just goes away.  It has been going on for 2 weeks.  I can still run, exercise and play tennis without any issues. Sitting in certain positions like with my head pointing down or sideways and down seems to aggravate it.  It seems like I may have given it to my wife but it is a bit different with her in that she coughs a lot more often so it may only be coincidental.

This discussion is related to Bronchitis/Fits of coughing.