Respiratory Disorders Community
Coughing and then hard to breathe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Coughing and then hard to breathe

I have similar issues.  They usually occur about 30 minutes after I get out of bed or after eating something that increases saliva production like a very sugary treat.  I will cough until I feel like I will throw up , eyes water and then cannot breathe, cannot talk, become shaky, headache.  I take cough medicine and that mostly stops it.  I have no mucous or post nasal drip.  But at times I do have trouble swallowing even plain water and then it just goes away.  It has been going on for 2 weeks.  I can still run, exercise and play tennis without any issues. Sitting in certain positions like with my head pointing down or sideways and down seems to aggravate it.  It seems like I may have given it to my wife but it is a bit different with her in that she coughs a lot more often so it may only be coincidental.

This discussion is related to Bronchitis/Fits of coughing.
it seems your suffering from a condition called riflux esophagitis,where the lower end of esophagus is inflammed.avoid spicy foods,junk foods,carbonated drinks.a course  of omeprazole would decrease the problem.
thanks for the information. So I assume it is not caused by a virus or bacteria?  and is not contagious?

thanks
no,it is not caused by virus or bacteria,nor it is contagious.