Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Coughing while on phone
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Coughing while on phone

I'm a healthy male who seldom coughs unless I'm on the phone.  When I try to talk, I almost always have a dry cough every 30 seconds or so.  It's really strange. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks,
Tom
Related Discussions
251132_tn?1198082422
This is certainly unusual. Does this occur when you talk to others when not on the telephone? Does this occur during the day and/or night? Does this occur only in one particular location?
5 Comments
Blank
sounds like a nervous habit.  Similar to a twitch.
Blank
It only happens when I talk on the phone, not in normal conversation and I don't think it is restricted to any particular phone or location.  I suppose it could be nervous twitch, but it even happens when I talk to my wife!  Maybe it's "telephobia".
Blank
Maybe it has to do with the receiver too close to the mouth. Have you tried using a speaker phone to see if you cough then?
Blank
A related discussion, Coughing on the phone was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Coughing on phone was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker