Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Coughing while on phone
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Coughing while on phone
I'm a healthy male who seldom coughs unless I'm on the phone.  When I try to talk, I almost always have a dry cough every 30 seconds or so.  It's really strange. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks,
Tom
Discussion is closed
Cancel
7 Answers
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
251132 tn?1198082422
This is certainly unusual. Does this occur when you talk to others when not on the telephone? Does this occur during the day and/or night? Does this occur only in one particular location?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
sounds like a nervous habit.  Similar to a twitch.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
It only happens when I talk on the phone, not in normal conversation and I don't think it is restricted to any particular phone or location.  I suppose it could be nervous twitch, but it even happens when I talk to my wife!  Maybe it's "telephobia".
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Maybe it has to do with the receiver too close to the mouth. Have you tried using a speaker phone to see if you cough then?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, Coughing on the phone was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, Coughing on phone was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, Phone cough was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker