Respiratory Disorders Community
Coughing with mucus in chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Coughing with mucus in chest

For about a week now I have been coughing because my chest is filled with mucus.  I can also hear it gurgling in my chest.  I hear it even more when I'm laying down.  I don't have a fever and other than this really bad mucus buildup in my chest I feel completely fine.  I'm getting worried though because I've never had this before.  I cough and cough and cough and nothing will come up.  I do know that I had to take some antibiotics about a month and a half ago due to a kidney infection that I found out I never had.  I was misdiagnosed.  Then I got a yeast infection from the antibiotics.  The medication for the yeast infection did state on the package that one of the side effects possible is a respitory infection.  I have no clue what this is but I'm hoping someone can tell me?  I'd love to go to the doctor but I have no time off for it for another month and I'm just afraid this could get worse.  
Tags: mucus, Chest, cough