Respiratory Disorders Community
Curious about shortness of breath

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Curious about shortness of breath

recently I have had this slight shortness of breath.  its not bad but have just noticed it more.  now my nasal passages have been clogged pretty good for years.  have to get close to food just to smell it.  I am wondering if my nasal passage were blocked pretty good, would it cause this shortness of breath I am feeling or is it my worse fears and something possibly more serious?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Nasal blocks can cause problems with respiration. And people usually compensate by mouth breathing. Breathlessness is indicative of increased number of respirations. It represents inadequate oxygenation and could be due to cardiac or lung disorders. Breathlessness worsens with activity and nasal blocks may not. When in doubt always best to have it checked. It would be wise to consult a doctor just to be sure it’s nothing more serious. Good Luck.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.