Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Cyst in Sinus

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Cyst in Sinus

My husband has been seeing a GP for about 3 months regarding severe allergy and sinus probles which he has experienced for many years.  The symptoms included wheezing, severe post nasal drainage, ichy eyes and ichy skin, and general lethargy.  The dr. prescribed Allegra, Singular, Flonase, and one other inhaler which has recently been switched to a different inhaler which I don't know the name of.  The medication relieved the wheezing and itching, but not the sinus drainage or lethargy.  The dr. has also treated the drainage with 2 courses of antibiotics for infection.  The drainage is often thick white with yellow and green and sometimes blood.  After all this, the drainage has not been alleviated whatsoever.  The dr. ordered a sinus CT scan which shows a slightly deviated septum and a cyst in his sinus (not sure which one).  The dr. has now decided to send my husband to an allergist for further treatment of his symptoms.  I am concerned that this is not the best course of action.  His allergies have been relieved, but not the sinus drainage.  I am wondering if maybe he should see an ENT specialist instead.  We are both growing very frustrated with this course of treatment,  and would like to see his problems relieved.  What do you suggest?
If the CT scan does not show an active infection or blockage, it is understandable that the referral was to an Allergist and not an ENT.  It is a good step forward to learn what are possible causes of the drainage.  Allergy is possibly one of these.  If no allergy is found, it is always possible to seek other opinions as to the cause.
We just recently found out my husband has a cyst in his sinuses, we know nothing about this problem. My question is are there any risks we should be aware of?
A related discussion, treatment of cyst in sinuses was started.
A related discussion, symptoms of allergies was started.