Respiratory Disorders Community
Cystic Nodules

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Cystic Nodules

Recently when I was having a CT ran to check for a possible PE they noticed that I had multiple cystic nodules in both lungs (upper lobes).  What could be the cause of these.  The doctor did noticed that on a previous CT done 5 years ago that the cystic nodules were present then also.  I am not a smoker but did grow up around a heavy smoker and was married to a man for 6 years that smoked.  Have had 2 episodes of PE's in my lungs ( No known cause or reason why).  Thyroid is fine.
I really wnat to figure out what these things are and why they are there.  Having a biopsy done is very risky for me because of the fact I am on coumidin and have the history of PE's.