Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Dark gray mucus
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dark gray mucus

HI, not sure if its bronchitis or not but, every year around this time near the cold weather I get some kind of infection im my lungs like clockwork. Well this time I noticed there was a dark gray color mixed in with my mucus that I coughed up(darker first cough of the morning). My doctor gave me Clarithromycin to treat it for 10 days. I aslo noticed that the phlem I cough up now tastes like a bitter medicine taste. Is that normal? Its also a bad cough with post nasel drip. Just wanted to know if anyone could please help me with this. Serious? or just Bronchitis? Also I do not smoke cigerettes,(I quite 10 years ago, smoked for 11 years)but smoke marijuana regularly. Any info would be great, thanx