Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Dark gray mucus
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Dark gray mucus
HI, not sure if its bronchitis or not but, every year around this time near the cold weather I get some kind of infection im my lungs like clockwork. Well this time I noticed there was a dark gray color mixed in with my mucus that I coughed up(darker first cough of the morning). My doctor gave me Clarithromycin to treat it for 10 days. I aslo noticed that the phlem I cough up now tastes like a bitter medicine taste. Is that normal? Its also a bad cough with post nasel drip. Just wanted to know if anyone could please help me with this. Serious? or just Bronchitis? Also I do not smoke cigerettes,(I quite 10 years ago, smoked for 11 years)but smoke marijuana regularly. Any info would be great, thanx
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
242588_tn?1224275300
Marijuana smoke can, just like conventional cigarettes, cause acute and chronic bronchitis, both infectious and non-infectious.  It can also cause chronic lung disease and worsen asthma.  Reported side effects of clarithromycin include unusual/unpleasant taste, so that’s nothing to worry about.

The dark gray color has no special significance.  It should lessen and clear, as the infection resolves.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, gray mucus was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker