Dark pieces in phlegm
Hi, its already been more than two weeks that sometimes when i tried to expel phlegm i could see some small lumpy dark hard  pieces mix inside my clear phlegm, the color its more to Dark Yellow or dark gray color, so i am wondering what could it be? i have no cough and other cold symptoms but i do has a sinusitis problems since young, please let me know what kind of problems or disease i am facing, Currently smoking.

Thanks in advance for your reply...
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The discoloration could be due to smoking, which can cause accumulation of tar and discolor the phlegm. The hard pieces which you feel could also be due to Tonsilloliths, also known as tonsil stones or tonsillar calculi (singular: calculus), are clusters of calcified material that form in the crevices of the tonsils. To improve lung function practice breathing exercises and quit smoking.  Lung function tests could further help in evaluation. If the symptoms are getting worse or if you develop additional symptoms please consult your primary care physician.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.