Respiratory Disorders Community
Daugher has pneuomia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Daugher has pneuomia

My daughter is 7 years old. She is very tiny for her age, she only weighs 38 pounds on a good day. She was diagnosed with asthma as a baby.  She frequently gets sick and gets pneumonia in the winter time. She started running fever and not feeling well shortly after Christmas. There was a bug going around so I didn't think much of it. I gave her asthma medication to her regularly and she rested a lot over the weekend and seemed to feel better. She continued to run fever each afternoon (anywhere from 99.9-101) but she never acted like she felt bad. She has been extremely tired every day and has a cough which she often has and lost about 8 pounds. We went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago and I was told that she had a small touch of pneumonia. We started her on medication and went back for our follow up today. She is still consistently running fever each afternoon and very tired and coughing but still doesn't act like she feels bad. The dr today did another xray and said that despite being on meds her pneumonia has gotten considerably worse. She wants to refer her to a pediatric pulmonologist to have some other things checked but she didn't want to expand on what she was wanting her checked for. I am very concerned. My daughter doesn't act like she feels bad so I am confused on what is going on? Shouldn't someone with pneumonia feel bad? She was also diagnosed with hypoglycemia today. I am scared. What is going on with her?
Dont worry she will be fine let the doctor go ahead and refer her to a specialist who will prescribe her on medication..stick with the drs refferal.
Keep your daughter in good spirits..read books a small treat here and there..toy..ki der surprise..always tell her becaise she is brave she is getting rewarded and keep her warm..try to feed her food she likes and hey you like us a parent....kids usually get ill like this unlike us adults they whinge less
She will be fine
Natural for you to worry.
Will remember her in my prayers for speedy recovery.