Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Deep Chest Congestion, Wheezing, Very Wet Cough.

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

It started off as a minor sore throat, nothing that really bothered me and a bit of a stuffy nose. Within two days both of those were replaced with chest congestion, tightness, and a wet cough producing green phlegm. Now its been about 5 days of wheezing and this cough i can feel the congestion deep down in my lungs. When i breathe i can feel the phlegm and mucus and i wheeze when i exhale. It is usually worse at night before i go to sleep. Im not quite sure If i should go see my doctor.
You should definitely see your doctor.  Your description indicates that you definitely have acute bronchitis and probably have community acquired pneumonia.  The green phlegm suggests that the infection is bacterial and would almost certainly be responsive to an antibiotic.  The wheezing could be due to the bronchitis and/or aggravation of underlying asthma, but in either case, it is an indicator that the infection is compromising your respiration and that too is serious.

Unless you are decidedly better when you receive this response, you should see your doctor without further delay.
i have absolute the same symptoms and it lasts already more then 2 weeks. most of the time cough is dry and some times with thick green phlegm. cough also coses pain in head and belly.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker