Respiratory Disorders Community
Deep Chest Congestion and recurring symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I also have suffered like this for 3 years.  Pulmonary Doc said Asthma and gerd and maybe some chronic bronchitis.  Had CT scan that showed some scarring in the upper part of the lungs.  Broncoscopy showed pretty pink lungs. bronscopy washings were all negative.  PFT can be good and then not sooo goood.  I cough a lot and I think part of it is the larnyx that the GERD (Reflux) is irritating.  This, the doc said is part of my problem.

How did you get diagnosed with Obstuctive airway disease due to the Larnyx.?

Thanks.

Lisa
I forgot to mention post nassal drip.
For ChicagoPatrick,
I also have developed adult onset asthma with many symptoms not standard to Asthma.  My main concern was lack of breath.  I am only 47 years old but my life as I knew it was over.  I too went to many doctors and specialists.  I am very excited because we have found part of my problem is obstructed airway diease from my laynx vocal folds.  I would talk to your Primary Care Doctor and ask if a Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor may help you.  We found that I had a motor dysfunction that was causing my vocal folds to close in my airway restricting my intake and exhale. We will be trying a procedure that is sort like bio-feedback.  They video tape my vocal cords when they are working properly and then work with a Speech Therapist or Pathologist, I will "visualize" it and teach my brain to relax those folds when they restrict my breathing.  I hope this will help you.  I have yet to have my done because of other surgeries that required attention first.  Good Luck!!
P.S.  Patrick, did they tell you to rinse your mouth out good after you use Pulmincort.  This is also a good idea with any type of inhalers or puffers.  

I came down with a bad case of Thrush because i did not rinse my mouth out good after using an inhaler and a puffer.
I went to the Internist today, and he told me that he now heard some wheezing.  He thinks i have Athsma He gave me a perscription for Pulmicort. The Pulmicort is awesome at first, but then I feel the need to take it again, but I don't because i don't want to reach the Dr's recommended doses.

I would be very interested in finding out how your procedure went!!  Good luck to you!
Hi Lisa,

They sure did.  I just rinse my mouth out with water well after I use it.  Did the doctors not tell you?
My allergist told me about the Pulmicort but my Pulmonologist never told me to rinse after the other inhalers and puffers he prescribed.  I feel it is a good idea to rinse with every inhaler and puffer.  I wish I had.

10 days ago I began to feel sick. 8 days ago I had sore throat, congestion, minor headache, body aches and cough. I spent 4 days in bed with most of same symptoms. The constants were sore throat and congestion. No fever. Chills once for a short period. During this time I was expelling a little phlegm both through throat and nose, mostly in am when awakening and in the shower. I went to work after 4th day. Felt fair during day, nights were usually bad. I have felt fairly well the last 2 days (during the day) and then this morning I woke up again with sore throat and minor earache. I am not expelling much phlegm or coughing much. The congestion feels heavy in chest but doesn