Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Deep Congestion and recurring symptoms

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Deep Congestion and recurring symptoms
10 days ago I began to feel sick. 8 days ago I had sore throat, congestion, minor headache, body aches and cough. I spent 4 days in bed with most of same symptoms. The constants were sore throat and congestion. No fever. Chills once for a short period. During this time I was expelling a little phlegm both through throat and nose, mostly in am when awakening and in the shower. I went to work after 4th day. Felt fair during day, nights were usually bad. I have felt fairly well the last 2 days (during the day) and then this morning I woke up again with sore throat and minor earache. I am not expelling much phlegm or coughing much. The congestion feels heavy in chest but doesn
This sounds like an upper respiratory infection that could involve your nose, throat, sinuses and/or your larynx.  It could be from a virus, of a type that can also cause flu-like symptoms.  If caused by a virus, symptoms may worsen and improve, but should definitely start to resolve at this, the ten day mark.  More worrisome is that it could be a 'strep throat' or, as you suggest, also involve your lungs.  Still sick after ten days, you should be examined, have a strep throat culture and, with the feelings of chest heaviness and congestion,  a chest X-ray.  You may need antibiotic therapy for upper respiratory infection, lower respiratory infection or both.
Thank you for your help.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker