Diagnosis Bronchiectasis
I have recently been diagnosed with Bronchiectasis.   My pulmonologist recommended a product called “The Vest. “  I have it on a 30-day trial and it’s worked wonders.  MUCH less coughing and mucus, greated lung capacity, etc.    My insurance company has denied coverage on this very expensive piece of equipment and, while I am appealing the decision, I’m also looking to see what else is out there that will aid long-term, in keeping my lungs clear.   I’ve seen several products that are not only much less expensive, but also seem easier to deal with.  Frankly, I’m not crazy about the shaking-up I get twice a day with the Vest.   I’d like to hear from others with this disease so I can learn what else might work and where these other options can be found.  Thanks

Hi, sorry about your diagnosis.  I am in the process of deciding if I am going to get my daughter the CT scan for bronchietasis.  There is a worry about all the radiation on a child.  CTs are more dangerous for children then adults.  My daughter has a productive cough with white phlegm and sometimes yellow mixed in.  She does this on average 2-6 times a day.  It is one cough and out comes the phlegm.  She has done this the last 5 years everyday.  Does this sound like Bronch. to you. She had pneumonia 3 times before she was  3.