Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Difficulty swallong anything. Possibly reflux or allergic reaction.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Difficulty swallong anything. Possibly reflux or allergic reaction.
*I am currently on Nexium and I have been diagnosed with acid reflux disease.
Yesterday at 2 P.M. I drank 3 ounces of water with warm honey/apple cider vinegar. My throat started to feel strange, I felt as if my throat was closing. I immediately took Zyrtec-D when the symptoms started, 5 minutes after the drink. 4 hours later the feeling remained, and was worsening. I went to a doctor nearby and he recommended I take a Benadryl in case the reaction was allergic. The Zyrtec-D did not work. At 7, I went to another family doctor (took half a Benadryl tablet and a liquid dose). He speculated that it may be acid reflux related and said I should take tums or Mylanta. I took 2 tums, no relief. I felt my throat getting worse and we went to the Emergency Room. First went to the store to buy Mylanta. At around 8 o'clock my symptoms had not receded, but I did not feel like staying at the Emergency Room. I went home and went to sleep. Same symptoms today, but different feeling. I feel I have a ball of mucus stuck in my throat. I took a decongestant and Mylanta early. I did notice I was congested, but they did not grant me any relief. I took a very warm shower and felt the mucus loosening but without any resolve. I returned to the ER this and met with a nurse practitioner. She thinks there may be some swelling in my throat. I was administered a steroid shot to reduce the swelling. The earliest I can receive endoscopy is in two weeks. After taking the shot I passed out for a few minutes, (I had not eaten since this event started) but I gradually began to feel temporary relief. I came home took Nexium for reflux, drank an Ensure, 2 glasses of water, along with a small meal. It is late now and symptoms are returning. What could this possibly be? Note: No general pain. Simply difficulty swallowing anything.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now