Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Discomfort breathing

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Discomfort breathing
yesterday I woke up and felt fine... A few hours later i ate lunch while talking with a friend... While eating lunch I took some Coca Cola down the wrong pipe..coughed a few times and moved on.. a few hours after that I began having discomfort while breathing deeply. I am feel alot of soreness in the muscles on each side of my neck.. When i swallow my thought duesnt hurt but the muscles used in the process feel very sore..The discomfort breathing also varies depending onthe position my body is in... Much less laying down sideways.. much more laying down flat on my back and standing....For some reason i think i might have felt a little discomfort in my neck and chest earlier in the day before i had lunch...but im not sure... I really dont feel sick....I also feel alot of discomfort when the air from a burb moves through my throat area... If ibreath in small normal breaths i dont really feel to much discomfort ..it is when i take deep breath that really expand my chest that i feel discomfort in the top of my chest.... I have had this now for more than 16 hours... I have no history of Asthma... do not smoke or drink. I do have lots of lower back pain from time to time though.

Any suggestions...help or reccomendations are greatly appreciated..

Happy Holidays

Jaz... - NMI

This sounds like you may have stretched and strained some of your neck and even swallowing muscles as you attempted to clear the Coca Cola from your airway.  This is not a serious problem and should subside in a couple days.
Hello-
About 3 weeks ago I started to have chest pain (right after I got over the flu).  I thought it would go away, but this weekend it seems to have gotten worse...the pain is now in my left shoulder and it is so hard to catch my breath.  I feel like it is hard to take a breath.  I am a smoker, but within the past 2 days I have cut down to maybe one cig.  That is how much it has scared me.  I have smoked for 19 years-I am 37 years old.  I went to my family doctor and he did an ekg-that was fine.  Today it has caused a pain to go up the back of my head.  I insisted on a chest xray today-my ? is what could it be?  No diabetes or high blood pressure either.   Please help me figure this out...

Thanks! :)
Jnny
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker