Respiratory Disorders Community
Do I have active TB?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Do I have active TB?

Hello,

Ok to start off, I did have a TB shot back when I used to live in the UK about 7 or 8 years ago. I'm not sure if it was a vaccine and if it would last forever, or if I can have a case of MDR-TB with the vaccine present.

On and off for about 2 weeks now I have been having these symptoms: nonproductive/dry cough, chest pain, mild fevers, night sweats, loss of apatite. I also had difficulty in breathing, at the time I thought it was anxiety, but I would like to be sure haha.. I did recently cough up some yellowish pink stuff when i had a coughing fit, and I also lost 6 pounds - is that because I keep losing my apatite? I do seem to get more tired often too, like if i walk to my friends house or drum for a longer period than i usually do.

I know TB can replicate other illnesses like phenomena and others.. I do have a doctors appointment coming up on the 7th of December, but I would like some peace-at-mind.

Thanks, Josh.