Do I have dormant TB or an immunity?
As a child I had a Tuberculosis test in school that was positive (skin made red bumps where it was scratched) but I never had any other symptoms. As an adult the skin test still always comes back positive but my lung x rays are always clear. My doctor said this means I have dormant TB. My mother always told me she thinks I was given immunity to TB from the blood transfusion I received in the hospital as a baby (I had brain surgery for meningitis). Is that possible? Could I be immune to TB, if the blood I got had antibodies in it?
I frequently have bad colds where I'm coughing up lots of phlegm of diffrent colors. I used to get sinusitis all the time untill I started using a Netti pot. My kids have the same colds as me for a week or two, but I cough for a month or more, often just when I'm feeling better another cold starts everything off again. I have given up dairy which helps reduce the throat mucus during my few "well" weeks. I havent had health insurance for a couple of years as my husband was laid off and only gets small jobs now. I want to stop worrying that my TB might be coming out of dormancy every time I can't shake a chest cold. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!