Do brochogenic cysts cause asthma or COPD and should I have them surgically removed?
Almost 2 years ago I was diagnosed with congenital bronchogenic cysts(upper right lung) after having a six month long respiratory distress due, or so I thought, to a bout of whooping cough.  At my first CT, I was thought to have one large and one small cyst with air/fluid levels.  I was disappointed with my doctors actions so I switched to another. At the second CT, it was discovered that I have 4 cysts. 2  large interconnecting(conjoined twins) cysts and two medium cysts. I was put on Advair 100/50, then upped to 250/50. I have an albuteral inhaler whcih does not help in the remotest. I dont't have any coughing, but I do have hiccups. Every few hours I have one or two giant hiccups.

Are these considered sypmtoms of asthma or COPD or neither?

Im at the point where I cant sleep on the right side of my body, or favoring the right side whether Im on my stomach or back.  Coughing hurts.  My back hurts in the cyst region.  The surgeon stated that they don't know whether or not a lobectomy or an exiscion will be needed until the actual surgery.  They also stated I might still have problems breathing post surgery beause of the volume lost or scarring/loss of surface area from the cysts. Im also severley overwieght and I know it would be a hard recovery due to that.

Should I have this surgery? Would any of the other symptoms go away if I did?