Respiratory Disorders Community
Do many people get partly congested when lying down to sleep?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

When I lie down on one side in my bed to go to sleep, I alwys have 1 sinus (1 nostril) that becomes congested. If I turn on my other side, the congested nostril will clear up but then I get the other sinus (nostril) that becoems congested. So I end up sleeping all night by breathing through 1 sinus(nostril) only. Does this happen to anyone? Any suggestions or explanations?

Additonal detail: I do not suffer from a cold.
Related Discussions
Completely Normal- I don't know why- but most people experience this.  It used to happen to me all the time when I had normal sinus experiences-(Before Afrin!)- Now, I would love for one nostril to stop us while I am sleepting and roll over just to have it switch sides! But unfortunately, now when I lay down, within 2 hours both nostrils are plugged tight.  So- this is a normal situation- don't bother trying to fix it (especially with Afrin for more than 3 days or you'll never get away from it).
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...