Respiratory Disorders Community
Does COPD cause lung scarring?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Does COPD cause lung scarring?

I was recently diagnosed with COPD with concurring asthma. The doctor did an x-ray on my lungs and they called me with the results today. They said I have interstital scarring. I was hospitalized back in December for mental health reasons and the routine bloodwork they did showed that I had a high white blood cell count and asked me about it. I had no clue what that meant or what they wanted me to say about it, but I wasn't 'sick' or running a fever.
My concern comes from reading on Interstital Lung Disease, and that in that disease the body tries to 'heal' the scarring and causes new scarring to form. Now I'm no doctor but knowing this and hearing about my xray has me seriously worried. Anyone with any information, please, I am asking you to please respond. Thank you.

Rose