Respiratory Disorders Community
Does being a carrier for CF make on more susceptible for other diseases...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does being a carrier for CF make on more susceptible for other diseases

Have been treated for asthma for 7 years. Allergy testing all negative as well as all other diagnostic testing for chronic coughing. Multiple doctors and many medicines, antibiotics, steriods, ct scans, sinus operations, acid reflux treatments, heart tests- echo etc. Condition continually getting worse. Received recent diagnosis of aggrivated asthma which is job related working within the construction industry for close to 40 years. Shortness of breath upon exertion is becoming a major concern. Elevated pressure in right chamber of heart, that my second heart doctor believes in not related to a heart condition. The pressure is not great enough to treat at this time. All testing was negative for everything except Asthma. However, I was found to be a carrier of CF gene, heterozygous1717 1 G-A and polymorphism M470V.  Negative sweat test.Was told that I did not have CF. Resent diagnosis is job related aggrivated asthma. Could there be a corrolation between being a CF carrier and a chronic lung, coughing, sputum production, sinus problems, acid reflux etc, conditions that never improve despite all intervention. Or at the very least,  could it be that being a carrier of the CF leads to a greater susceptibility for work relates deseases. Thank you.