Does this sound like Pneumonia?
I had a respiratory infection about a month ago and i went to sick call (I'm in the military) and after the doc looked at my throat he said i had a virus and had to let it go away on it's own and he sent me back to work. Well, the symptoms eventually subsided and now a month later they came back with a vengeance. It started on Tuesday with a normal sore throat when i woke up and a dry cough. However, Thursday night, things took a turn for the worst and i developed a very wet cough with wheezing as i breathed out and a shortness of breath that kept waking me up and a chest pain that felt like someone was sitting on my chest. I couldn't breathe laying on my back and had to sleep on my side to get any relief. These symptoms continued into Friday and i became very weak to the point that standing up alone became a chore. I still had the shortness of breath that became very rapid and the wet cough. It is now Saturday and the shortness of breath has mostly gone away but all other symptoms remain. I feel a little better today but i don't want to keep putting off going back to the doctors in case i got back to work on Monday and my health suddenly deteriorates again. Plus i don't want to waste time going to see another douche bag doctor just to get the same "It's a virus" spiel. Does this sound like pneumonia? I have been reading articles online and the general consensus is that pneumonia takes a long time to go away but my shortness of breath only lasted 24 hours and i want to know if this would warrant a trip to the ER to get tested...
It could be bronchitis  it sounds like you have some infection so I would get it checked out ..