Respiratory Disorders Community
Dry Cough, Rattle in Chest- HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Dry Cough, Rattle in Chest- HELP!

So I've had a cough for about 5 weeks now. For one week I was coughing up green mucus, but the rest of the time I've had a dry, non-productive cough. I went to my doctor and he prescribed an antibiotic- azythromicin. Besides making me nauseous and giving me horrible digestive issues, the antibiotic didn't do much. the cough seems to get worse at night with the cold air and there is sometimes a rattle in my chest when I breathe. The doctor did a lung test (I had to breathe really hard into a machine) and the results were normal. He said if the antibiotics didn't work to go in for a follow-up exam, but he didn't seem to know what was wrong with me. I have another appointment to see him in a couple of days but I'm worried because he doesn't seem to know what I have. Can anyone help me?

(also, for the cough i've taken Mucinex, Nyquil, and Tessalon Perles and NOTHING helps suppress it)
I also do not smoke or breathe in second-hand smoke.