Respiratory Disorders Community
Dry Night Cough

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Dry Night Cough

I developed a dry night cough about a month or so ago.  I usually don't cough during the day, I'm not ill, and I'm not aware of any allergies.  I have started to wake myself up coughing at night.  It's always a dry cough brought on by a tickle or tingle at the back of my throat.  I would appreciate any input as to what may be causing it or how to treat it.
I have the same thing and I posted it a couple weeks ago.  Mine has been going on for about 2 years now.  Its only at night, its a dry cough, with a tickle, and the tickle is only on one side of my throat at a time, and then that same side eye will water and same side nostril will plug up.  Its weired because it only happens on one side per episode.  Someone suggested a humidifier for the bedroom and also taking Benedryl before bed.  I went to my doctor for it, and she does not know what is causing it either.
I am experiencing the same thing and would like some relief. I do not have a cold or cold symptoms, just this stupid cough and tickling in throat.if anyone has an answer on how to ease it up, please share. Thanks.
well, I have had the same thing for a couple years now and I do have a couple of weeks occasionally where it doesn't happen, but its really rare. wvufan described exactly what has been happening to me.  so far all my searches have not given me any good advice, but I feel better knowing I'm not the only one!
Sometimes we are not aware of some allergies..  years ago i had the same thing. went to the doctor (ear, nose, throat) he asked me what kind of pillows i was using, I was using feather(down), he said get rid of them and so i did.  the tickle or cough stopped.  

The other possibility is certain medication side effect.  I also had that a couple of years ago when i was put on blood pressure medication.  changed medication and the tickle went away..