Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Dry and inflamed nasal passage

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Dry and inflamed nasal passage

I need help I'm too nervous after a visit to the doctor, I have a feeling that their is blockage in my nasal passages. So after a check from my doctor he said:
I have dry and inflamed nasal passage and my nasal lining is so thin that when the blood vessels dilate my nasal passages start to bleed, but I can't neither feel nor see the bleeding. So, he gave me nasal sprays to lubricate that.
my question is what if it this problem doesn't go away, should there be surgery then ?
Thank you
Based on your doctor’s exam findings, of dryness and inflammation, surgery should not be a consideration.  Given his findings, the use of nasally inhaled medication to lubricate and reduce inflammation is exactly what you should be doing.  Avoid surgery unless highly recommended by your doctor and then you may want to get a second opinion, before agreeing to surgery.

That you should neither feel or see bleeding suggests that the amount is tiny and/or is passing through the back of your nose and being swallowed.

Good luck