Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Dry cough for over a month
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dry cough for over a month

For over a month now, I've had a persistent dry cough.  I went to my GP and was given a x-ray but didn't find anything. I still have been persistently dry coughing. I never cough while asleep,and I feel great when I wake up.  But the cough and the sore chest usually start bothering me within a half hour after I get out of bed. When I cough, it is a strictly dry cough. I don't really know how to describe how my chest feels inside, it's like it feels a bit heavy and when I take deep breaths or cough, it feels sore. I am a 31 years old, and I have never smoked, I have no other symptoms.  No weight loss tho, no fever or anything out of the usual besides this damn cough.

I do have a problem with allergies, and post nazel drip.  My doctor has prescribed me with Nasonex, and it has helped with the nazel drip, but I still have the cough and sore chest.  Any help or advice anyone could provide me with would be great!

Chris