Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Dry cough for over a month
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Dry cough for over a month
For over a month now, I've had a persistent dry cough.  I went to my GP and was given a x-ray but didn't find anything. I still have been persistently dry coughing. I never cough while asleep,and I feel great when I wake up.  But the cough and the sore chest usually start bothering me within a half hour after I get out of bed. When I cough, it is a strictly dry cough. I don't really know how to describe how my chest feels inside, it's like it feels a bit heavy and when I take deep breaths or cough, it feels sore. I am a 31 years old, and I have never smoked, I have no other symptoms.  No weight loss tho, no fever or anything out of the usual besides this damn cough.

I do have a problem with allergies, and post nazel drip.  My doctor has prescribed me with Nasonex, and it has helped with the nazel drip, but I still have the cough and sore chest.  Any help or advice anyone could provide me with would be great!

Chris
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
242588 tn?1224275300
From what you have described, this is most likely not coming from your chest.  Postnasal drip is a very common cause of a chronic cough, as is chronic inflammation in the sinuses.  I would get a CT scan of the sinuses to see if that is the cause.  Nasonex® (mometasone) is a good idea.  It might be worth a short trial of oral steroids to see if the cough can be controlled in this manner.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank